Monday, January 25, 2010

Wow! Read this: Report on Absorption of magnesium sulfate

For those of us trying to raise magnesium levels and using mag sulfate/Epsom Salts for detoxification, this is a clearly written summary of a study that shows that what we are doing is indeed effective (if you had any doubts! Most of us know from how we feel, but it is useful to have research that corroborates our subjective assessments.)

If you read all the way through, you will see that they did a small test using a patch with Epsom Salts, which was also effective. I have been making magnesium "oil" (really a saturated solution in water) with the Epsom Salts, and using this as a spray on the muscles that tend to cramp up. This has been amazingly helpful, making my sleep deeper and alleviating my back pains into the next day. The only downsides are a bit of stinging at times and grittiness when the solution dries. I understand that proper magnesium oil is made with magnesium chloride, but I don't have easy access to it, I had Epsom Salts on hand, I get plenty of chloride from sea salt and the sulfate is really useful for supporting detox pathways. Seemed like a great solution to me!

Posted via web from justine's posterous

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics